Friday 9 October 2015

Darjeeling Jomjomat

If I visit Darjeeling for 1000 times & any1 says "Hey let's go 2 Darjeeling"-- My response would always be "Yes". That's what my view on  "THE QUEEN OF HILLS".

This was my second visit to Darjeeling without any plan. Initially we thought of visiting Sikkim & come back to Kolkata. But travelling has no fixed plan and that's how it should be. So I decided on the way having momo @ Gangtok that we are travelling to Darjeeling before going back to Kolkata.

Those who have read my blog on Sikkim can continue reading below or else I recommend you to read my previous blogs on Sikkim because there is a mystery connected there that I am going to narrate while having hot chocolate @ Keventer's.




Keventer's is one of the popular restaurant with an open rooftop & beautiful views of the Himalayas. It is one of the place where Satyajit Ray used to visit frequently and bring solutions to the mysterious puzzles through our favorite detective character FELUDA. This is the place where I feel like sitting I don't know for how long & may be write or enjoy the nature.

Well I was talking about a Mumbai guy right? Who was travelling with us @ North Sikkim? Who was trying to act like a mysterious guy? What happened to him finally?

He was suppose to come back to Gangtok with us before we headed here. But he didn't. He chose to get down from the car while coming back.

Now coming back to Darjeeling it can be sometimes tiring to walk if we compare with Sikkim because Darjeeling is situated on the slopes of the mountain. So the roads are stiff and for the city people it's like mini trekking. But I enjoy walking around here watching the beautiful buildings, Mall, Tourists etc. One thing I haven't mentioned yet that when people come across the view of Kanchenjunga for the first time in the morning, it really takes one's breath away. WOW. Let's have a look @ it...

Sunrise @Tiger Hill where almost everyday Kanchenjunga appears with golden reflection


One never forgets his/her first encounter with KANCHENJUNGA

Who is She??...

So stay tuned for my next blog to have the flavor of best Darjeeling tea &  untold mysteries surrounding this trip .....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing this informative and comprehensive blog. This is very interesting article. The pictures are really beautiful and the way you explained about the places to visit. For travelers, we provide taxi services in all over India, more details visit our sites:- Taxi Services in Mathura, Taxi Services in Allahabad , Taxi Services in Vadodara, Taxi Services in Gorakhpur, Taxi Services in Rameshwaram .

    ReplyDelete